Friday, January 20, 2012

After all, family is forever.

A lot of you must be craving for the mouth watering dishes served during reunion dinner. Some might be eyeing on the delicious, crispy biscuits bottled into a few jars where are usually placed in the living room. The worst part is that sometimes you need somebody to help you open that darn jar because it was tightly closed before like a sword in a really huge stone. Lastly, kids or maybe not just kids, mostly everyone who's still young will be waiting for the red packets given by the married couples.

Frankly speaking, I don't feel that enthusiastic about all that. I mean it's good to receive all these and be thankful for it but it's just all so mundane. I'm used to it so I don't really have that pair of eyes which sparkle upon looking at all those stuff.

 What I expect from this year's Chinese New Year will always be the feeling of happiness around family. The spontaneous and  random jokes from uncles and aunties, the beautiful smiles from everyone in the family, everyone dressing up so elegant and posh and the laughing spirit around the family which can easily bring down the whole roof of the house.Years passed, family grows bigger, cousins become bigger. I've got this cousin named Darren and my god he's already growing as tall as me. I like this moments where that little boy turns out to be a teenager then a man.

 I'm already 19 this year. Teenage years will be gone by next year..I can't express how awful I feel right now because it's just not me anymore. Like I'm wearing a mask everywhere I go.Anyway, Happy CNY armpits!