Sunday, December 30, 2012

6



”Why everybody leaves, Rudy?”

He wiped his tears and sat on the ground before Steph picked him up. I was stunned. I never seen him like this before and yet I had no answer.

I didn't know what to say because I never thought he would react in a way that would burst my thoughts leaving me a blank page all over again. I wanted to say at least something fruitful. I wanted to tell him that he is so much stronger than now.  I wanted him to try. So I give him a big giant hug and he gave a small speech which I took personally. I remained quiet thinking what if I was in his position. The scary part of all this was I am going to face the same scenario soon. Soon enough, to crumble slowly. I never thought he would cry. I never did.

Before we went into the house, I said, ” Remember Mr Ho? ”

He replied ” Of course. How can I not remember him? He was my class teacher laah.”

Fair enough. I smiled and lifted my right arm over his shoulders and we walked in.