Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Come Back

I miss the moments where me and my brother would used to wrestle on the bed in our room. The pillows as metal chairs, the bed as the square arena and  the door as the main entrance. The crowd would be open windows, blue walls and cupboards. They were alive when we were wrestling. The atmosphere was always intense and as the air conditioner blew the cold air, we wrestle till one wins. I always lose. The big fat buffalo, my brother, strong as ever would pin me down and count from one to three so quickly that  I struggle to break loose from the human trap most of the time. Sometimes, he let me wins. When my cousin came, it would be a triple threat match. The more the merrier aint it? One of the coolest part of the room was my bed. My double decker bed from IKEA. The lower part was my study area and the upper part was the bed. It had the small ladder. Jumping off from my bed to the other bed of my brother's was extreme but we still do it anyway. I love that bed and  I do love my imagination back then. The  purest imagination will always be when we were young. So reckless and careless. Imagination can never be right or wrong and so when we're young. We did more wrongs than rights. But that is for me and brother. Still so young and the only thing we cared about is making daddy and mommy proud. I am very sure we didn't make them proud for this because it frequently ends with one person crying in  the end and mainly, my cousin cries. And the cries..we tried to decrease the sound but always fail. 

In that very room, was my mini football practice area. Kicking it against the wall numerous times till something breaks and the maid had to stop ironing the clothes in her room while the radio was still on. She will run to the room and check whether I am okay. I usually gave that sarcastic answer because people interrupting me was just a pain in the ass back then. I didn't learn how to appreciate the maid back then. I was the extreme pampered one. I was the worst in the family. Not proud to say it but it is one of the things my sister like to describe about me. After school, it's always a normal routine to walk in through the door and shout '' KAK! Saya nak makan."  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The weekends were exceptional because dad will be around and like most of us, I am quite scared about what my dad thinks of me when I shout the 4 words in BM where I can just walk and grab the food. It's not that I don't a pair of hands or a pair of legs or both. The dishes washed, the numerous pairs of shoes kept in order, the all time messy room(mine) cleaned and the trash taken outside. All done by her. Now, when the maid is gone, everything changed. I do the dishes, I keep the shoes, I clean my room, I take my own food from the oven or the rice from the rice cooker. It depends how lazy I am. At one point, I'll just ignore and just get told off by my mother. You know moms. They all work the same. But I am still glued to my mother wherever she goes, back then and even now.

The thing is we all will change in life. We don't realise it because we're too busy with education or work. Too busy to appreciate small things such as the maid doing all the things where we can just do with our bare hands. We're not any different from one another but one is just lazy. I'm the laziest person you'll ever know. Another thing, that would describe me best. This time the say is from my mother.

It's a different feeling now, thinking about this memory.