Saturday, March 31, 2012

11

(A small conversation between me and dad in 2005)

''No''
"Why?"
"Look at the sky. It's going to rain any minute now."
"It won't rain Dee. Please."

Dad said no to football practice one day. After multiple annoying whining, the word 'please' and the sunken face, dad gave up and decided to send me to school. I knew it would rain. The sky was gloomy, slowly painting itself with only one colour ; dark brown. The sun was hiding behind the present white clouds. The trees were dancing to the sound of the wind. The security guard, still in his small cubicle room, snoring like always. Dad had a meeting so he had to rush off to his appointment venue after sending me to La salle. I waited at the usual spot beside the library. There were only two students excluding me who came that day. One anonymous guy left. So, it was only me and this guy. The afternoon classes were still going on as usual. The secondary boys. Well, they were as noisy as a photograph from the 19th century. 

Then, it rained. The wind got stronger and we became statues for quite some time until the rain turn into slight drizzles. The school was flooded. The outside was pretty bad. Me and the guy ran like mad dogs around the school, racing among ourselves. We ran fast. Both waited for our dads to pick us when it was time. He went back first. His dad on a motorcycle. Dad picked me up and he didn't ask anything about that. So I remained quiet. He knew I played in the rain. Of course he knew. I was still wet from the crazy ride. He explained it to the family later during dinner. That I remember but with no anger.

Running around like lunatics in Raja Persiaran Muda. It was a happy day. Really it is. I so wanna go back to that time, so so badly.