Thursday, July 12, 2012

Safe it


Eleven cats. A son who forgets the love and compassion of a mother. A husband who will be unforgiven as long as he live. An unborn grandson. A sewing machine. A purple crossword puzzle book. A wonderful singer who sways to the sound of old-fashioned music. Patience buried in her. Memories floating around her. Her kindness really make me feel really ridiculous after meeting her on the first day of work. She stays at a corner house near the office,service center. And comes in randomly whenever she likes and she loves the office. Honestly, I love the office too. The people here are like blankets and comfortable pillows on a Saturday night. The instant click among the colleagues made me feel good about working life.


Who is she? I call her Auntie Rofizah Lim. She doesn't walk into the office. She glides her way through the narrow space of the office, along with her kindness and beauty that sparkles as bright as a night time firework session by the beach. Every time I see her, a new story is told and I absorb as many words I can. Sometimes she shares quotes she admire so much such as from Shakespeare, John F Kennedy..I note down. I felt quite embarrassed about it but I really found it beautiful. A wise lady. A lovely lady. A strong lady. A storyteller. And me? I listen to all of her stories because everyday is a new chapter. Whatever topic it is,it will be a lesson learned in life. Whatever lesson that is taught is a gift. And this gift? You don't get it frequently in life. A story from a person who has gone through a lot is a genuine gift...She's...almost like Santa.


Today, in the evening, I taught her how to use her brand new laptop patiently. After teaching her as much as I can, she said '' Rudy, when my son was your age, he still helps me with all of these and now he is just living in his own world..ungrateful he is.


Her smile was golden. Her enthusiasm when reading her mails made me feel like I really can do this everyday because I think I lost all of that and hope  that something as small as that can make me a person just as similar to her but maybe now is a good time for that..It is just the people I meet are sometimes fools. Fools of greed,ignorance and arrogance.